Small Woodland Owners' Group

Would you like to talk to press about your woodland?

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby Hannah » Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Guys

I need to speak to anyone interested this week so this is a final request for general expressions of interest! Apologies if you have already read my earlier posts...and thanks to those who have already been in touch.

Some of you may have recently completed the online survey which woodlands.co.uk sent out to SWOG members. We are now compiling the results of that survey which overwhelmingly demonstrate the huge conservation role which owners of small woods contribute in the UK.

I would like to speak to the following kinds of woodland owners and share their stories with the UK's media. If one of thess descriptions sounds like you please get in touch with me. Your info will only be shared with your permission and together we can inspire more people to discover the delights of owning their own piece of woodland!

Nature Lovers – do you keep bees, attract birds, bats etc?

Family Foresters – are you hoping to conserve the landscape for generations to come?

Creatives – do you use the landscape as inspiration for painting, photography and the creative arts?

Bush Crafters – do you enjoy working with wood and natural materials and practice ancient crafts?

Did you use your lump sum pay out from your pension to buy a woodland?

Do you use your wood to keep fit – the ‘green gym’

Or do you have an interesting personal story to tell, about how owning a woodland has helped you in other areas of your life?

Please get in touch if you are interested in helping us out.

Hannah Bourne

Communications Consultant for woodlands.co.uk

[email protected]

020 7394 5976

0776 427 5976

Hannah

Return to General