Small Woodland Owners' Group

Air Rifle Advise @ Tips Please

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby Iain » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum, I am not a small woodland owner, I am however hoping you can help?

I am a responsible 39 year old air gun owner that is looking for a place to shoot, after loads n loads of visits to local farms and woodlands I'm beginning to become a bit pessimistic at my chances, generally the answer is no, thankfully they are pleasant no's. Only this morning I came across someone tramping around a local wood with a rifle without permission, it's frustrating when you are trying to do it the right way when others bypass the law and just do what they want. Sorry rant over...

Just to give you a quick overview of what we are doing, two of us are approaching landowners together, we are fully insured up to 2 million pounds each, we use quality PCP ultra quiet rifles (around a grand to buy and very accurate in competent hands) written contracts would be signed to cover both parties in the event of any incident.

Permissions can be withdrawn at any time by the landowner/tenant. Together we have over twenty years experience and are currently removing pests (pigeons) for an industrial site owner. We are also able to remove rabbits, wood pigeons, corvids etc under the general licensing conditions.

Hopefully some of you may be willing to share with me what concerns you would have if faced with the same request, any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, if my post has upset any members please accept my apologies, my intention is not to offend but to promote safe hunting and humane pest control methods.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Iain.

Iain

Postby Rich » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:16 am

Hello Iain,

Welcome to the forum and thank you your post. Maybe you could indicate what area you are in and how far you would be willing to travel. We have members all over the country, but because of the geography of woolands, most would be concentrated in the south east.

Regards

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby Stephen1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Iain

Let me know if you're anywhere near North Wales. We've 180 acres of mixed woodland, pasture and meadows. Big rabbit problem this year and offers of free rabbit (+squirrel?)control from responsible folk would be warmly welcomed!

Regards

Stephen

Stephen1

Postby Catweazle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Stephen1, I have sent a link from this post to a very experienced and well respected shooter who is in the region. I've suggested he join this forum and contact you.

Hopefully he'll be able to help you out with your rabbit problem, I have no hesitation in recommending him.

All the best,

Catweazle.

Catweazle

Postby Viperteks » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Hello Stephen1, I am the person who Catweazle mentioned, I would be more than happy to discuss your Rabbit and Squirrel problem in more detail, I wont post my full remit here, but I have been shooting for nearly 40 years, Air-Rifle, Centerfire and shotgun,I am just over the border in Lancashire but travel to other shoots in North Wales regularly, I can supply references if required!

You can contact me via here or at [email protected]

Best regards

Dave

Viperteks

Postby greg » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi Iain

Just back in from a lovely afternoon shooting at my local club. I've been keeping an eye on this forum as my wife and I are tempted by the idea of buying woodland some time in the future.

I'd never thought to extend my airgun servies to the SWOG community but it seems to make sense. One of the reasons I shoot is for the excuse to sit in field or forest all day, out of the office, out of touch.

We're not quite ready to commit to woodland ownership yet but if any of the SWOG community in the South East need some help with pest control I'd be more than happy to help, in exchange for the odd afternoon away from it all. I noticed you're up in the North West, I'd be happy to follow up on any interest you've had from this way.

Good luck with the permissions

Greg

greg

Postby happybonzo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:49 am

I am near Ipswich and would be quite happy to help eradicate pests for free. I use rifle, shotgun and air rifle depending on the problem

happybonzo

Postby Iain » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Hello all, apologies for the delay in responding. Stephen I live in Bolton so am probably quite close. Would be happy to remove whichever pest you require just as long as it is covered under the general licence.

Thanks

Iain

Postby benjamin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello my name is benjamin Tickle,

I too would like to extend my services to this forums members, i have been shooting for twenty years now and would like to offer my services free of any charge to any land owner anywhere in the north/northwest of england. feel free to contact me through the forum or at [email protected]

Thanks ben

benjamin

Postby rory » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Stephen, myself and a friend do a bit of rabbiting in the north wales area, denbighshire mainly(both experienced and insured). If you still have a problem and are local let me know, would gladly come for a chat about the problems you have, Rory Bennett

rory

Return to General