Small Woodland Owners' Group

Forestry Contractor small woodlands

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby westtec » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello All,

I am new to this Forum, but wish to introduce my business, as i feel maybe it could be beneficial to small woodland owners.

I am small scale forestry contractor who deals direct with the woodland owners, no middle men, working direct with the owner, making sure the work done is exactly what the owner is looking for, which also minimises any mis-communication errors between the owner and the guy carrying out the work, having been in the trade for some numbers of years i have established good contacts in the round timber for both hardwood and softwood markets, including furniture grade hardwood timber. I come from 4 generations of family in the trade and many of my family are connected with forestry one way or another to this day. I hold all the relevant competence certification for my machinery (17 certs) and have full liability insurance .

My main core of my business is dealing with small woodlands from 50 tonnes to 500 tonnes, and at present we are in our 4 th year harvesting on Lord Halifax's estate in east Yorkshire close to where we are based as well as a number of smaller jobs we have carried out to owners satisfaction. I have a good reputation in the industry and our family name is well respected, i am also an approved contractor with the Forestry commission in the north York moors district, to which my granddad served as well.

I would like to invite you to visit my web site www.westtec.co.uk and browse through the site which does have a family history page, telling the story of where we came from.

I hope by posting this, it will give folk an option when looking for a reliable contractor to carry out work on their woodlands.

Thank you in advance in taking the time to read this

Kind regards

James Sharp

Westtec Forestry

07912 842787

westtec

Postby tracy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 pm

nice to meet you James, perhaps we can meet you in person at one of our meetings next year!

tracy

Postby westtec » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello Tracy, yes I could look at attending one of those, what is it about?, thanks for the welcome

westtec

Postby tracy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:24 pm

The list of meetings and locations will go here:

http://www.swog.org.uk/swog-events/

when they are booked for next year.

Tx

tracy

Return to General